Saturday, January 6, 2007

What's in a name?

Dear Readers,

So my "handle" is "anything but typical", but this will probably be a pretty typical blog - you know, one person blathering on about whatever. So here's where I got the name for this blog. I am by nature a musician and music speaks to me when I can otherwise be pretty dim. Frequently, I am overwhelmed by a line or theme from a piece. Lately, it's been the line from Keep On Shining by Third Day. One of the stanzas is as follows:

Having faith in the long run is easier said than done
Its hard to live out in the light of day
You're bruised and you're battered, Your dreams have been shattered
Your best laid plans scattered over the place

Despite all your tendencies, God sees it differently
Your struggle's a time to grow
And you, you're a miracle, anything but typical
Its time for the whole wide world to know....

I like the thought that God loves me just as I am - that He doesn't think of me as just another of one of those people He made. The relationship between God the Father and me - his sometimes obedient, sometimes disobedient daughter - is personal. And any time you get past a person's outer mask and get to know the person beneath you learn that no one is typical. God loves us all and made each of us. Each of us, including you, dear reader, is a miracle; we are here in our world for a particular reason, to serve God and others in a way that only we as individuals can. Our trials and triumphs mold us and the outcome is that we are a huge collection of atypical people. We are not cookie press people. We are all quirky. We are all different. And we are in this journey together.

We are all,

anything but typical

No comments: