Friday, January 5, 2007

Welcome to My World

Well, Dear Readers,

Welcome to my little corner of the world. For the most part, my world is a happy place, although occasionally unhappy things sneak in while I'm off trying to have fun. As a friend once said, "Just when you think everything is planned out, life happens." Fortunately, life happens frequently enough to keep my short attention span..... now what was I saying.

Oh, I've been thinking a lot lately about how people perceive each other and use stereotypes to make it through the day. We rarely actually interact with a person. It's usually our veneer interacting with their veneers. It's that thin polished shell that covers the structural bits and makes us Purty.

So here's my list of seeming inconsistent descriptions of myself that peek beneath my veneer. (And for all the Frasier fans, you should be on your third drink by now.)

Radical Conservative Feminist
Mercenary Nurse
Evangelical Episcopalian
Republican Environmentalist
Fine Southern Lady

How would you describe what's under your veneer? (Veneer!!)


Visit periodically and perhaps you may be blessed and amused, or confused and bewildered by my musings and rambling thoughts.

It's guaranteed to be,

anything but typical

1 comment:

King of Peace said...

Welcome to the Blogosphere. I look forward to journeying into the miraculous through the ramblings of an anything but typical Contagiously Christian Camden Countian.

peace,
Frank+