Thursday, January 25, 2007

God and the HMO

I am a happy camper. CIGNA finally paid the hospital for my surgery in October. Back in December, I had gotten a letter stating that the insurance company had not paid and asking if I would please see what I could do to get them to manage it or else write them a check for $23,000 and some change. After I spent a few minutes staggering from the thought that I might be in trouble here, I found that they had already paid the 2 surgeons and the anesthesiologist. I figured that if they had paid them, surely they were going to pay the hospital. I called the insurance company and found that they had needed more information, and they reprocessed the claim.

I knew that they had promised to pay the claim, because I had done everything, provided every bit of documentation and had a letter from them stating they would. But knowing my trusty HMO as only a patient can, I was praying until the check was written.

Fortunately for us, God doesn't work this way.
Jesus said in John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

And in John 6:37, He said," All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out."

It is my faith in him and acceptance of His sacrifice for me that makes me His - not some arbitrary "To Do" list. It's not how many times a week I go to church, although the things we do reflect our desire to be obedient. He said that if I come to him believing and trusting, He will not turn me away. He will not change His mind (like an HMO is apt to do).

Praise Ye the Lord, Allelluia!


COME JUST AS YOU ARE
© copyright Joe Sablock 1994

Come just as you are
Hear the Spirit call
Come just as you are
Come and see
Come receive
Come and live forever

Life everlasting
Strength for today
Taste the living water
And never thirst again

Come just as you are
Hear the Spirit call
Come just as you are
Come and see
Christ the King
Come and live forevermore.

No comments: