Friday, June 1, 2007

Taking offense

Sometimes someone asks for your opinion, but when you give it, you end up in trouble. It would work out better if you kept your trap shut.

I'm not always very good at that. In fact, sometimes I'm really bad at that.

So, apparently, I offended some people by a comment I posted on another blog, and for that I'm sorry.

But I was also surprised that anyone would be offended at what I said, and their responses to mine hurt my feelings - mostly because they didn't listen to what I said. Perhaps I could have said it better, but I don't think that what I said was wrong.

So much for the via media.

1 comment:

King of Peace said...

Communication is imperfect. When someone gets upset by something I do and says something in reaction...it doesn't always have anything to do with me.

Yes, I need to listen to a critique and weigh its merits. But I have to also realize that the person may be telling me more about him or herself than about me.

peace,
Frank+